The Coaches, Trainers, & Macro Coaches of CrossFit Evolution are not licensed and registered dieticians, and we are not doctors. We cannot diagnose or treat any medical or health issues. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. HOWEVER... we do have a Licensed & Registered Dietician on staff, who can write meals plans and assist those with medical issues who need nutritional guidance or special diets.
There are many ways to successfully start eating healthier, and Paleo is the foundation. At it's very base, Paleo is just clean whole food eating. There's many diets and many ways to reach your healthy goals of losing weight, gaining muscle, or improving performance & energy. Check out your options below...
1) Read this page to get a better understanding of Paleo (scroll down) and then start cleaning up your diet on your own.
2) Purchase the Paleo Guide & Meal Plan ($29.00): HERE to get more detailed information about Paleo, shopping lists, recipes, & (2) 30-day meal plans. Then you just follow the plans on your own.
3) Purchase the 6 Week "Healthy Start" Challenge ($125.00): 1-on-1 nutritional guidance & accountability with a Coach, includes before & after pics, measurements, weigh-in, bodyfat %, & benchmark exercise. Purchase of the above Paleo Guide is not required, but is recommended. You are required to keep & maintain a Food Log. You'll get a weekly 15 minute in-office Check-In with your Coach. You'll also have unlimited email access to your Coach during the 6 weeks. Once you decide to go Paleo or just start eating healthier... contact Monique to schedule your 1st Day. EMAIL
4) Personalized Meal Plans: for those who want a meal plan but do not want to follow Paleo specifically or those that have medical or health issues (ex: diabetes, cardiac event, obesity, cancer) and are in need of a specialized meal plan. Our Licensed & Registered Dietitian, Tejal Parekh, can get you on the right track. Click HERE for her fees & to learn more.
5) Purchase the 3 Month Macros Program ($225.00 - $345.00) aka Flexible Dieting aka If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM)... which is absolutely the BEST thing out there! There's a lot more involved with our Macros Program, so it has it's own dedicated page: HERE .
All you want unprocessed: beef (sirloin, petite, hamburger), pork (chops, tenderloin, sirloin, center cut), lamb, chicken, turkey, any fish, sardines, shrimp, scallops, crab, any seafood, whole eggs, & egg whites. Any meat, any cut, lean or fat. Moderate your lightly processed meats (bacon, sausage, Boar's Head deli meat), but be sure it doesn't violate the No Chemicals rule!!
A. eating conventional store-bought meat? stick to leaner cuts (less toxic fat)
B. eating grass-fed? lean or fatty doesn't matter AND you can have bacon
All you want of non-starchy veggies
Limited potato/starchy family if trying to lose weight
NO corn or beans on Paleo
Never eaten alone & only in moderation if you want to lose weight
Must be fresh or frozen with nothing extra added!
Nuts/Seeds & their butters (no peanuts! and eaten in moderation if trying to lose weight)
Avocado, Olive/Avocado/Walnut/Coconut oils, Coconut Milk
- PALEO but should be in VERY LIMITED amounts*
100% Raw Honey/Molasses/Cocoa (with nothing else added) & Nut Flours are allowed in moderation
Flavors: any spices, any herbs, tomato paste, crushed tomato, chicken broth, salsa, to name a few.
- No Added Sugar: Equal, Splenda, Nutrasweet, xylitol, acesulfame-k, aspartame, saccharin, sucralose, sugar alcohols, succanat, pure/sugar cane, corn/rice syrup, high fructose corn syrup, fructose, glucose, galactose, sucrose, maltose, lactose, carrageenan, maltodextrin, agave nectar, maple syrup, barley malt, raw/brown/cane sugar, sugar, sugar beet...
(exception: 100% raw honey/molasses/maple syrup, see above notes)
- No Junk Food: cakes, desserts, cookies, candy, chocolate, pastries, chips, crackers, ice cream, snack foods, etc
- No Grains: wheat/corn products, rice, pasta, bread, oatmeal, cereals, oats, barley, rye,sprouted grains, amaranth, quinoa, bran, germ, starch, etc
- No Legumes/Beans: peanuts, peas & chick peas, soy & soybean, tofu, red/black/lima/fava/pinto/kidney beans, lentils, carob, miso, tempeh, edamame, lecithin, etc
- No Dairy: milk, butter, yogurt, cheese, cream, ½ & ½, etc
- No Heavy-Processed, Man-Made Stuff: limit & be aware of even minimally processed foods, since they contain lots of chemicals! Whole food is always better, as is home-made.
- No Alcohol
- Beware of these Chemicals: No msg, No carrageenan, No nitrates/nitrites, No partially-hydrogenated oils, No Olestra, No high fructose corn syrup!
That's up to you. Some find that doing Paleo 5 days/week and enjoying 1 cheat day (3 cheat meals) per week works for them. Some find that staying Paleo 24/7 with occasional cheats monthly (special occasions) works best. And still, there are those that stay Paleo 24/7 and instead of "cheating", they do "treating" instead. Cheating is eating non-Paleo food. Treating is making a non-Paleo food into a Paleo Approved food, usually with the use of 100% raw honey, 100% pure cocoa, & almond or coconut flour.
Why am I not losing weight?
1) Eating fake sugar?
2) Eating too much natural sugar?
3) Eating too much paleo-fied treats?
3) Eating too much fruit?
4) Eating less than 90% Paleo food as your base?
5) Not eating enough food?
6) Not drinking enough water?
7) Not eating greens or not supplementing w/ greens?
8) Drinking too much alcohol?